DIY Sandy Pest Control Projects – Pros and Cons
Setting up for Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Utah pest control is a matter of no small insignificance. For basic generic DIY Sandy pest control, the cost of supplies and products run a low $40 to $60. However, pest control starter kits fall far short of comprehensive pest-specific bug, critter and insect control.
In this article, a top pest control company in Sandy, Preventive Pest Control, helps you put together an inexpensive but effective basic DIY pest control tool kit.
Pros of Simple DIY Utah Pest Control
- Inexpensive startup
- Market supply of ready made kits
- Easy product application methods
- Relatively low-risk insecticide products
- Saves on cost of professional services.
Cons of DIY Simple Utah Pest Control
- Price Increases for pest-specific problems
- Possible lack of access to certain insecticide products
- Lack of sufficient training
- No certainty of long-term resolution of the problems
- Excessive exposure to pesticide safety issues
- Lacks the guarantee of a licensed pest control company in Sandy.
Generic DIY Sandy Pest Control Supplies For Utah Residents
Access to websites featuring “Do my own pest control” is quick, easy and abundant. A brief search reveals home pest control kits ranging from $20 to $100 plus. Some packages are listed as general supply kits. Others packages such as kits for bed bug pest control and kits for Yellow Jacket bait stations sell as solutions for pest-specific problems. The following components define the typical Do-It-Yourself pest control supplies you need if you live in Utah.
Suggestions For Generic $50 to $60 DIY Utah Pest Control Supplies
- Basic Pump Sprayer – For disbursement of liquid/mixed insecticides
- Packet of Insecticide Concentrate – Mixed with water for use in the Pump Sprayer
- Bellows Action Hand Duster – For spreading powder-based insecticide dust products
- Tube of Generic Insecticide Dust – Enables rapid, safe, and odorless injections into crevices, voids in the wall, cracks, and even behind electrical outlets
- Adhesive Backed Insect Monitors – For pest control and detection along walls, near baseboards and other likely places insects may travel
- Mouse Bait Station – Self-locking, key opened residential indoor/outdoor preventive defense against the occasionally invasive mouse
- Few Short-Term Packets of Snake Away – Not overly effective, but sufficiently low-cost as to be somewhat advantageous
Suggestions On $20 to $40 Sandy Pest Control Safety Supplies
- Chemical Resistant Coveralls – Be sure this includes covers for wrists, ankles and shoes
- Goggles – Protect your eyes from dust and sprays
- Mouth and Nose Filter Mask – Price depends on desired level of defense. Some cover fogging and oil-based aerosols. Others are limited to dust particles and water-based aerosols
- Chemical Resistant Gloves – Prevents lingering risks of hand contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
Picking From The Best Pest Companies in Sandy
Simple DIY Utah pest control can be low-cost and reasonably effective. But the more severe the pest problem, the more costly becomes the DIY solution. At Preventive Pest Control, we already have equipment, training and certifications for safely handling all possible Sandy, Utah pest problems. If you need spider control, cockroach control or any other pest solution, call one of the best pest companies in Sandy.